- Estes Park, CO - July 2015
- Chamonix, France - July 2015
- Park City, UT - August 2015
- Grattan, MI - August 2015
- New Zealand - August 2015
- Camden, NJ - August 2015
- Black Mountain, NC - Aug. 2015
- Boulder, CO - Sept. 2015
- Klamath Falls, OR - Sept. 2015
- Mt Cardigan, NH - Sept. 2015
- Grand Canyon, AZ - Sept. 2015
- Boston, MA - October 2015
- Golden, CO - October 2015
- Cusco, Peru - October 2015
- Lake Tahoe, CA - October 2015
- Stockholm, Sweden - Oct. 2015
- New York, NY - October 2015
- Mexico Orizaba - Nov 2015
- Zion Park, UT - November 2015
- Big Sur, CA - November 2015
The Advanced Wilderness Life Support certification course was originally developed at the University of Utah School of Medicine and has grown significantly since its creation in 1997. The increasing demand for certification resulted in the creation of a new organization, AdventureMed, to promote the responsible growth of the AWLS program.
AWLS® certification is appropriate for any licensed medical professional or medical professional in training who has an interest in wilderness activities. Our graduates include outdoor enthusiasts, expedition participants, US Army and other military medical personnel, wilderness medicine academicians, and Wilderness Medical Society Fellowship candidates.
AWLS® is approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit through the Wilderness Medical Society.
For answers to common questions, visit our FAQ page.
Rated as one of the 4 best Wilderness Medicine courses in the nation.
What are AWLS® graduates saying about the course?
"I agree. I feel that it is the "essence" of medicine."
“I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed the