- Mont St Hilaire, QC - Dec. 2013
- Guatemala - January 2014
- New Zealand - January 2014
- Canyons Resort, UT - Feb. 2014
- Breckenridge, CO - Mar 2014
- Santa Barbara CA - Mar. 2014
- Dallas/Ft Worth, TX - Mar. 2014
- The Netherlands - April 2014
- Big Sur, CA - May 2014
- Columbus, OH - May 2014
- Moab, UT - May 2014
- Jackson, WY - June 2014
- Park City, UT - July 2014
- Chamonix, France - Aug. 2014
- New Zealand - August 2014
- Boulder, CO - Sept. 2014
- Grand Canyon, AZ - Sept. 2014
- Cusco, Peru - Oct. 2014
The Advanced Wilderness Life Support certification course was originally developed at the University of Utah School of Medicine and has grown significantly since its creation in 1997. The increasing demand for certification resulted in the creation of a new organization, AdventureMed, to promote the responsible growth of the AWLS program.
AWLS certification is appropriate for any licensed medical professional or medical professional in training who has an interest in wilderness activities. Our graduates include outdoor enthusiasts, expedition participants, US Army and other military medical personnel, wilderness medicine academicians, and Wilderness Medical Society Fellowship candidates.
AWLS is approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit through the Wilderness Medical Society.
The mission of AWLS is to create competence in medical professionals, enabling them to prevent and effectively manage emergency medical situations outside traditional medical facilities. If you are interested in hosting an AWLS course, click here.
For answers to common questions, visit our FAQ page.