- Canyons Resort, UT - Feb. 2015
- Steamboat, CO - Feb 2015
- New York, NY - March 2015
- Dallas/Ft Worth, TX - Mar. 2015
- Leadville, CO - April 2015
- The Netherlands - April 2015
- San Juan River, UT - April 2015
- Fall Creek Falls, TN - May 2015
- Moab, UT - May 2015
- Houston, TX - May 2015
- Columbus, OH - June 2015
- Cascades, WA - June 2015
- Jackson, WY - June 2015
- Mt. Hood, OR - June 2015
- Estes Park, CO - July 2015
- Chamonix, France - July 2015
- Park City, UT - August 2015
- New Zealand - August 2015
- Boulder, CO - Sept. 2015
- Grand Canyon, AZ - Sept. 2015
- Golden, CO - October 2015
- Harpers Ferry, WV - Oct. 2015
- Withlacoochee, FL - Oct. 2015
- Zion Park, UT - November 2015
The Advanced Wilderness Life Support certification course was originally developed at the University of Utah School of Medicine and has grown significantly since its creation in 1997. The increasing demand for certification resulted in the creation of a new organization, AdventureMed, to promote the responsible growth of the AWLS program.
AWLS® certification is appropriate for any licensed medical professional or medical professional in training who has an interest in wilderness activities. Our graduates include outdoor enthusiasts, expedition participants, US Army and other military medical personnel, wilderness medicine academicians, and Wilderness Medical Society Fellowship candidates.
AWLS® is approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit through the Wilderness Medical Society.
For answers to common questions, visit our FAQ page.
Rated as one of the 4 best Wilderness Medicine courses in the nation.
What are AWLS® graduates saying about the course?
"I agree. I feel that it is the "essence" of medicine."
“I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed the